The Saturday Farmers Market will take place every Saturday from May 31 - through October 25 from 7 a.m. - Noon.
Site information for 2014
The Saturday Farmers Market will move to South Washington Street from Walnut to Stuart starting in 2014. The market was formerly located in a parking lot bordered by Monroe, Pine, Cherry and Quincy Streets. The move is a result of both construction on Monroe and a growing need for better attendee parking and more adequate crowd space.
Check back for a listing of vendors with their new site assignments later this spring.
Here is a map:
The details of the move include:
- Overall Site: The site will be located on South Washington Street from Walnut to Stuart. It will also utilize portions of Doty, Stuart and a few stalls for prepared food vendors in a nearby lot with a seating area.
- Vendor Makeup: The vendor makeup will remain the same in the move. No additional vendor stalls will be added in the new site.
- Date and Time: The Saturday Farmers Market will continue to run Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon May 31st - October 25th with no date interruptions.
- Attendee Parking: Free attendee parking is noted on the map and includes an enhanced mix of private property lots, Cherry Street Ramp, Adams Street lot and all nearby streets.
- Aisle Width: Aisle width will range from 20-27 feet in all areas; a large improvement from the current market.
- Business Connection: Organizers believe the market move will better connect with a variety of businesses closer to the core of downtown, including a number of restaurants in the immediate site.
- Fox River Trail/CityDeck Connection: Fox River Trail users will be able to come off the trail using a number of connections leading into the site. Organizers will be working to install secured bike parking for next season. The CityDeck will also be in the near vicinity of the market for attendees to enjoy nearby.
- History: The market began in 1917 and moved 4 times in that period.
- Get the Map: Attendees can get a copy of the 2014 map by downloading it here or picking up a hard copy at the market from any vendor.
- Where Will My Fave Vendor Be?: Stall assignments will be made by Spring 2014 and a site map will be made available to the public including vendor names and stall numbers so they can “route out” their new market trip.
- Thank You: Associated Bank donated the use of their parking lot for this market for the past 35 years and the organizers and vendors are extremely grateful for their generosity throughout that time.
Organizers believe the new site will help position the market for continued attendee growth and an improved experience from the current site. They will also work to keep the farmers market brand in tact by continuing the focus on fresh produce and locally made goods. Organizers do not plan to return to the current site in 2015.
Check back for the 2014 entertainment lineup this spring:
- Sat., May 31 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., June 7 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., June 14 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., June 21 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., June 28 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., July 5 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., July 12 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., July 19 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., July 26 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Aug 2 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Aug 9 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Aug 16 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Aug 23 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Aug 30 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Sept 6 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Sept 13 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Sept 20 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Sept 27 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Oct 4 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Oct 11 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Oct 18 - Entertainment TBA
- Sat., Oct 25 - Entertainment TBA
Questions about the new site can be directed to Molly Vandervest at 920.437.5972 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The market features over 150 local food and craft vendors featuring a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, breads, prepared foods and more.
EBT will be available on site for select vendors.
Interested vendor? The market is currently full for the 2014 season. If you would like to be put on waiting list, e-mail email@example.com. Other questions can be directed to Downtown Green Bay, Inc. at 920.437.5972.
Nonprofit organizations can apply to have a spot 2 times during a market season (if space is available) free of charge as an opportunity to market their organizations. No political or religious organizations and no selling of any products. Download the application.
Issues or comments about the market? We are dedicated to a high quality market with vendor integrity and market ambiance. We require all vendor or market complaints to be filed in writing. Download the comment form here if you would like to report any issues you may have had with a vendor or the market itself.
Thank you to Associated Bank for the use of their parking lot for the previous years!
Thank you to the 2014 sponsors: