The Saturday Farmers Market will take place every Saturday from May 31 - through October 25 from 7 a.m. - Noon.
Site Information for 2014
The Saturday Farmers Market will move to South Washington Street from Walnut to Stuart starting in 2014. The market was formerly located in a parking lot bordered by Monroe, Pine, Cherry and Quincy Streets. The move is a result of both construction on Monroe and a growing need for better attendee parking and more adequate crowd space.
2014 Vendor Directory
Click Here for the full list of vendors and the enlarged map showing their stall assignments.
Here is a map:
- Overall Site: The site will be located on South Washington Street from Walnut to Stuart. It will also utilize portions of Doty, Stuart and a few stalls for prepared food vendors in a nearby lot with a seating area.
- Vendor Makeup: The market features 75% produce/processed food, 15% prepared food and 10% arts/crafts. Over 150 local food and craft vendors participate throughout the season with a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, breads, prepared foods and more.
- Date and Time: Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon May 31st - October 25th with no date interruptions.
- Attendee Parking: Free attendee parking is noted on the map and includes a mix of private property lots, Cherry Street Ramp, Adams Street lot and all nearby streets. Handicap parking will be located in the Quality Inn lot, St. Brendan's Inn and first level of the Cherry Street ramp.
- EBT: EBT will be available on site for select vendors.
- Aisle Width: Aisle width will range from 20-27 feet in all areas
- Fox River Trail/CityDeck Connection: Fox River Trail users will be able to come off the trail using a number of connections leading into the site. Breakthrough Fuel sponsored a 48-bike rack located off the Fox River Trail near the Riverwalk Plaza building. The CityDeck will also be in the near vicinity of the market for attendees to enjoy nearby.
- Market Fresh Fitness: Take in a FREE fitness class on the CityDeck Saturdays May 31 - August 16 at 8 a.m. Details
- Want a free tote? BayCare Clinic will offer attendees a free reusable tote bag at every market. You can find their booth near Washington and Walnut Street.
- Market Carts: New in 2014, the market will offer a limited number of shopping carts that can be found near entrance points. Attendees can use them and leave them behind as they exit.
- History: The market began in 1917 and moved 4 times in that period.
- Get the Map: Attendees can get a copy of the 2014 map by downloading it here or picking up a hard copy at the market from any vendor.
- Where Will My Fave Vendor Be?: Check out the new vendor directory which is searchable by vendor products, name and stall numbers.
While You're at the Market...
Downtown businesses are rolling out the welcome mat along Washington and Adams Street for market attendees. Check out these nearby businesses while you're here:
- Adams Street Pub (121 S. Adams St.) - Opening at 9 a.m. Saturdays featuring brunch with farmers market-sourced food.
- Black and Tan (130 E. Walnut St.) - Opening 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturdays featuring brunch with farmers market - sourced food.
- Bosse's News Depot (220 Cherry St.) - Open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. featuring the news of the day!
- Caffe Espresso (119 S. Washington St.) - Open for breakfast 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. with lunch starting at 11 a.m. (closing at midnight). Free cup of coffee the first week!
- Captain's Walk Winery (345 S. Adams St.) - Open 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Saturdays
- The Daily Buzz (130 E. Walnut St.) - Open 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturdays
- The Heel (115 N. Adams St.) - Open 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. May, June, September and October and 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. July and August.
- Fox Harbor Pub and Grill (348 S. Washington St). - Opening at 9 a.m. featuring their famous Loaded Bloody Mary.
- Fox Heights Pub and Grill (217 N. Washington St.) - Opening at 11 a.m. featuring their famous Loaded Bloody Mary.
- Furs & Clothing of Distinction (207 N. Washington St.) - Open 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturdays.
- The Nines (121 S. Washington St.) - opening 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturdays with build your own Bloody Mary's with fresh condiments from the market, $4 Lime Vodka Summer Hummers and Screw Drivers. Patio area will be open providing seating and drinks.
- St. Brendan's Inn (234 S. Washington St.) - Opening at 9 a.m. for Bloody Mary's and mid-June will feature a breakfast sandwich cart out front. Open at 11:30 a.m. for lunch.
- Stir-Ups Parlor & Salon (125 S. Washington St.) - Opening 7 a.m. - noon with $3 Bloody Mary and Screwdrivers.
2014 Entertainment Lineup:
May 31 Gerry Sloan - Irish Folk
June 7 Jackson Mankowski - Coffee House Pop
June 14 Awlo Bunni - Keyboard Pop/R&B
June 21 Mike Garrity - Keyboard Jazz/Rock/Blues
June 28 Mike Maher - Piano Rock
July 5 Jordin Bass - Folk/Pop
July 12 Michael Gillespie - Acoustic Guitar
July 19 Mike Maher - Piano Rock
July 26 Rändi Fay - Soft Jazz/Standards/Blues
August 2 Mike Garrity - Keyboard Jazz/Rock/Blues
August 9 Michael Gillespie - Acoustic Guitar
August 16 Dale Anderson - Americana
August 23 Kevin VanEss Duo - New Orleans Jazz
August 30 Jordin Bass - Folk/Pop
Sept 6 Jackson Mankowski - Coffee House Pop
Sept 13 Mike Garrity - Keyboard Jazz/Rock/Blues
Sept 20 Gerry Sloan - Irish Folk
Sept 27 Rändi Fay - Soft Jazz/Standards/Blues
Oct 4 Awlo Bunni - Keyboard Pop/R&B
Oct 11 Dana Erlandson - Guitar-Harmonica
Oct 18 Erin Zimmermann - Acoustic Pop/Folk
Oct 25 Tarl Knight - Indie Folk
Questions about the market can be directed to Molly Vandervest at 920.437.5972 or e-mail email@example.com.
Interested vendor? The market is currently full for the 2014 season. If you would like to be put on waiting list, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Other questions can be directed to Downtown Green Bay, Inc. at 920.437.5972.
Nonprofit organizations can apply to have a spot 2 times during a market season (if space is available) free of charge as an opportunity to market their organizations. No political or religious organizations and no selling of any products. Download the application.
Issues or comments about the market? We are dedicated to a high quality market with vendor integrity and market ambiance. We require all vendor or market complaints to be filed in writing. Download the comment form here if you would like to report any issues you may have had with a vendor or the market itself.
Thank you to the 2014 sponsors: